RGI is seeking full‐time employee to serve as a Communication Coordinator for two association clients. Excellent attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills required.
The Communication Coordinator will handle daily tasks related to communications including the duties listed below as well as other related items as needed by the staff team:
1. Communications (Internal and External)
- Responsible for the generation and implementation of the annual marketing calendar.
- Oversee all marketing and communication activities.
- Responsible for compiling information, design, writing, editing, and distribution of all member communications including weekly e‐newsletter, weekly policy updates, and other e‐mail blasts.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Create press releases.
- Assist special interest groups with email communication and newsletters as needed.
- Assist member list serve requests.
- Maintain the integrity of all association branding.
- Create conference‐related marketing including strategy, timeline, and execution.
- Utilize content management system to keep website content current and relevant. Includes support for recorded webinars and various conference material, job board, blog posts, upcoming events, conference speaker material.
- Monthly analysis of website usage, social media traffic, etc. making recommendations for improvements.
- Assist members in using the website as needed.
3. Annual Conference
- Create and execute a conference marketing plan to include emails, mailings, social media, and other strategies.
- Create registration brochure, conference program, annual report, and other conference material.
- Create conference PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Work with volunteers on video and photography coverage of the conference.
- Procure and manage relationships with vendors, sponsors and other key stakeholders utilizing retargeting platforms for marketing and lead generation.
- Manage all functions of event and membership mobile app.
- Create material for membership recruitment campaigns.
- Manage the membership systems associated with the website. Maintain and update membership marketing materials.
- Develop and mail/email membership materials, applications, and letters to prospects.
- Assist in membership recruitment and retention activities along with the implement membership promotion plans.
- Establish and ensure two‐way communications between the chapters and the association.
- Various levels of involvement with volunteer management and engagement.
- Responsible for compiling information, design, writing, editing, and distribution for a quarterly publication.
- Manage the presence of the publication on social media.
- Design filler advertisement pages for each issue of the Journal.
- Create monthly collection of digital banner ads.
- Contribute to the review of a yearly marketing plan.
- Solicit authors for webinars under the direction of the series moderator.
- Facilitate all presenter communication and training.
- Add webinars to GoToWebinar.
- Create all webinar promotion and follow‐up emails to attendees, including session evaluations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or journalism is desired with one to three years of related experience, preferably with a non‐profit association. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience and ability to run marketing/communication strategies.
- Experience designing and coordinating marketing/promotional materials.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Excellent creative copywriting and editing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Prior experience management apps, retargeting platforms, SEO, and knowledge of CMS platforms beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications via email, in person and on the phone.
- Language Skills: Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills. High level of accuracy with skills for proofreading all work produced. Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style.
- Software Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Proficiency in Accrisoft Freedom or similar content management system. Knowledge of social media platforms LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey experience preferred but not required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple overlapping production deadlines in a fast‐paced environment. Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with multiple teams.
Additional Qualification Details:
Annual US‐based travel required for annual conferences in January and July. Between four to six days of travel each. This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed, as an all‐inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
For more information about Raybourn Group International visit www.raybourn.com. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls. EOE/M/F/D/V