Raybourn Group International is seeking a candidate with a motivated and proactive personality who likes working in a team environment, helps solve problems through strategic initiatives, and gets fulfillment from customer and volunteer interaction within a thriving global organization.
Raybourn Group is a long-standing company with a culture of professional development, personal growth, and servant-leadership. Our philosophy is to channel our passion and expertise into success for our clients.
This position will play a key role in developing, implementing and managing the strategic initiatives built to increase member retention, promote innovative programs and services, and execute people-focused events. The position is metric driven, with success being defined through analytical measurements and member engagement.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Positively contribute to a collaborative team
- Work under pressure with high‐degree of accuracy
- Work effectively with volunteers
- Manage time and multiple tasks
- Have strong attention to detail
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Director with all aspects of planning and managing membership projects and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate aspects of the Association’s membership services, including implementing policies and objectives to meet member needs.
- Manage all aspects of the Association’s online member community tools
- Assist communities and conferences with technology support.
- Serve as the front‐line in responding to member questions, inquiries, or requests for assistance.
- Assist members with joining, renewing, or registering for events.
- Create, update, and manage forms and processes for membership and registration.
- Ensure data integrity within the Association’s database.
- Produce and distribute monthly membership reports to help develop strategic plans
- Assist in membership recruitment and retention activities.
- Provide tactical support to student chapters in the onboarding, retention, conferences process as well as and additional initiatives as needed.
- Minimum education level of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five or more years of experience in association management or related field.
- Experience working with membership databases, online membership and/or conference platforms.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail while keeping the overall goals of a project in mind.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Initiative to take on projects independently and foresee priorities and tasks.
- Ability to recognize potential problems and develop solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in most Microsoft Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Discipline to successfully work without close supervision.
- Ability to travel out‐of‐town, overnight and potentially internationally for at least two conferences per year.
- Must be able to work in the RGI Indianapolis office during regular office hours with the opportunity for some flexibility.
Reports to Communications and Membership Director.
This job description is not intended to be, and should not be construed as an all‐inclusive description or list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties, and assign other duties as necessary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. EOE/M/D/V.