The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) seeks an intern to recruit organizational members to the Society. Organizational membership supports both SNEB and the SNEB Foundation. The intern will research organizations that align with SNEB’s vision of healthy communities, food systems and behaviors. Using this research, the intern will work with the SNEB staff and a volunteer committee to build a communication strategy which includes outreach to prospective organizations.
- Prefer a junior or senior enrolled in a bachelor’s program focusing on: marketing, communications, philanthropic studies, or nonprofit management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- A passion for effective communication strategies, relationship building and supporting healthy communities, food systems and behaviors.
What You’ll Receive
- Gain real world experience with an organization that directly impacts the professional development of nutrition education students and professionals.
- Networking opportunities with communication professionals, high‐quality nonprofit organizations, and SNEB volunteers.
- A flexible schedule.
- Stipend available based upon experience and qualifications.
About the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior
The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior is a 501(c)(6) non‐profit organization represents the unique professional interests of nutrition educators worldwide. SNEB is dedicated to promoting effective nutrition education and healthy behavior through research, policy and practice and has a vision of healthy communities, food systems and behaviors. Nutrition educators work in colleges, universities and schools, government agencies, cooperative extension, communications and public relations firms, the food industry, voluntary and service organizations and with other reliable places of nutrition and health education information. Learn more online at http://www.sneb.org.
Contact Rachel Daeger at the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior at 317‐328‐4627 or email@example.com.