Raybourn Group International (RGI) is seeking a full-time member services coordinator to serve multiple association clients.
RGI is an AMC Institute Accredited Association Management Company. We provide outsourced association management, event planning and consulting services for dozens of non-profits, trade associations and professional societies. Founded in 1988, RGI manages associations of varying sizes and budgets, ranging from local, to regional, to national, to international. On a daily basis, we provide a number of services for our clients, including strategic planning, financial management, executive management, membership development, marketing/public relations, publications and social media, educational/professional development, and meeting/event planning, among others.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the association including answering phones, email and processing mail.
- Process new member applications and send orientation materials.
- Provide one-on-one support for members for the association website.
- Maintain and reconcile association databases.
- Execute annual dues billing process including sending invoices, processing payments, answering member questions, auditing per membership policies and dropping unpaid members.
- Process accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Invoice for association products and services.
- Follow up on past due accounts.
- Coordinate and process event registrations for all events.
- Prepare and send sponsorship and exhibitor invoices for payment.
- Prepare event materials for virtual and in-person events.
- Coordinate mailings for education programs, membership renewals, conference and association marketing.
- Provide support for Board meetings including scheduling conference calls or meeting space, and preparing materials as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a professional, effective and collaborative relationship with staff, members, volunteer leadership and partner organizations.
- Provide support for association office including answering phones, greeting visitors and coordinating supply inventories.
- Support Raybourn Group International office management with various projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Applicant should demonstrate the ability to coordinate all phases of member service and support events working in close harmony with the Executive Director and other staff, and have:
- Ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office programs especially Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Ability to utilize multiple membership databases systems;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail while keeping the overall goal(s) of a project in mind;
- Ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent tasks;
- Prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Confidence to engage with the team to reach common goals and solve problems;
- Initiative to take on projects on your own and foresee potential problems and tasks;
- Ability to use available resources to complete assignments;
- Willingness to continually learn new things;
- Ability to recognize potential problems and develop a solution;
- Ability to deliver excellent, solution-focused customer service via email, in person, and on the phone;
- Discipline to successfully work without close supervision;
- Ability to efficiently work in database systems;
- Preferably worked with associations, as a staff member or volunteers, and have been in public-facing customer service roles;
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of related work experience preferred.
- Work during office hours, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern time. Remote staff will not be considered for this position.
- Overnight travel required to attend two multi-day annual conferences.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed, as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. Raybourn Group International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/M/D/V). Remote interview options are available.