Raybourn Group International (RGI) is seeking an Event/Project and Membership Assistant Intern for fall 2018. This internship will provide practical, hands-on experience in a casual work environment.
RGI is an AMC Institute Accredited Association Management Company, providing management and specialized administrative services to trade associations and professional societies. RGI manages associations of varying sizes and budgets. We provide our clients strategic planning, financial management, executive management, membership development, marketing/public relations, educational/professional development, and meeting/event planning, among other services.
Term: Spring Semester (September – December)
Work Schedule: Flexible to meet graduation requirement, 20 hours per week.
Compensation: Paid internship
- Opportunity to fulfill degree internship requirements
- Student membership with the Indiana Society of Association Executives (ISAE)
Assisting multiple associations with the planning and marketing of various conferences and events as well as maintaining membership database. Administrative work will also be involved.
- Assist with securing and maintaining corporate sponsors and exhibitors for conferences and events.
- Assist with following up with conference sponsors, exhibitors and presenters.
- Respond to telephone calls and emails concerning membership and upcoming events.
- Provide administrative assistance to Association staff.
- Coordinate and execute various membership, conference, and administrative mailings.
- Assist with invoicing and filing of membership dues and orders.
- Remain knowledgeable of association policies, procedures, benefits, and services.
- Use independent judgment and authority, resolve member problems by phone or e-mail, and handle related correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned by the RGI Director of Client & Conference Services.
Reporting Responsibility: Supervision and performance evaluation of this position shall be the responsibility of the RGI Director of Client & Conference Services.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior member/customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; computer graphic skills preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Organizational skills are a must.
- Minimum status as a sophomore at a college/university.
Send Cover Letter and Resume by August 20 to Christine Saricos, CMP: email@example.com