Communication & Marketing Assistant Internship- Fall 2017
Updated March 31, 2017
Raybourn Group International (RGI) is seeking two Communication & Marketing Assistant Interns for the Fall 2017 semester. We can entertain extending the internship to meet graduation needs. This internship will provide practical, hands-on experience in a casual work environment.
RGI is an AMC Institute Accredited Association Management Company. We provide association management, event planning and consulting services for dozens of non-profits, trade associations and professional societies. Founded in 1988, RGI manages associations of varying sizes and budgets, ranging from local, to regional, to national, to international. On a daily basis, we provide a number of services for our clients, including strategic planning, financial management, executive management, membership development, marketing/public relations, publications and social media, educational/professional development, and meeting/event planning, among others.
Term: Fall 2017 semester (Internship start and end dates and weekly work schedules are flexible)
Work Schedule: Flexible, approximately 25 hours/week
- Paid internship
- Opportunity to fulfill degree internship requirements
- Student membership with the Indiana Society of Association Executives (ISAE)
Assisting staff with the communications and marketing of various events, member benefits and initiatives.
- Assist with social media efforts and tracking for multiple clients and campaigns.
- Assist with website updates using Content Management Systems and HTML code.
- Assist with event promotion, including copywriting, design and editing of event promotion and collateral materials.
- Assist with overall association initiative copy writing/editing and promotional efforts.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of association blogs.
- Assist with e-mail marketing and communication efforts.
- Remain knowledgeable of association policies, procedures, benefits and services.
- Use independent judgment and authority, resolve member problems by phone or e-mail and handle related correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision and performance evaluation of this position shall be the responsibility of the RGI Director of Marketing.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior member/customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; computer graphic skills preferred. Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Organizational skills are a must.
- Minimum status as a sophomore at a college/university.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and three samples from your portfolio to email@example.com.
Raybourn Group International is an equal opportunity employer.